The tool for the job

The tool for the job
Buell Ulysses XB12xr In North Eastern Arizona

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I am back ...

I am back....

      I, at one time, not long ago thought I was going to be crippled by pain. 


 I have not been able to ride long distance on my bike in the last two years due to a somewhat botched diagnoses of a pain issues I was suffering from. My pain were diagnosed as arthritis and I was told by an Orthopedic surgeon  I needed to quit my job at the fire truck repair shop I liked working in and find a desk job somewhere. I knew that my then 49 year old body just started to hurt bad all over. Plus I  have to drive these trucks ; so I needed relief without pain relief drugs.





This is typical sight from my former work area. That truck weighs about 60,000 pounds. There is nothing small or light on that truck.



 Testing the repairs !




Fast forward 2 years 

By November of 2013 I had a new job that was much easier on my back, but I also found the gym ...

Shameless plug here .... Well Rounded Heath and Fitness Facebook page   


                                   
Some before and after pictures.

                                      220 pounds, Beast in the East Rally,  August 2011  



                                                             Biloxi Mississipi



                                                   August 18 2014... 182 pounds ...



                                                     
                                                                   East Syracuse NY
                                                                   
                                                2 of the four trainers i worked with to get this way !
 On the right side, The gyms owner Jeramy Freeman and my team leader Justin Mastropietro Is on the left side of me.

      So what has been the result of this work ?

                   My pains are at new lows, It truly feels like I rolled my odometer back 50,000 miles ....
                                   But many other benefits, and some that blow my mind .…

                              My allergies to pollen and dusts have just about disappeared ....

                      My energy is way up and I am handling stressful situations much better....

                                       I could keep going on and on .… But I will not ....

                                                              Rest assured... I feel good !



                                          Something that I picked up at the gym is, I needed a goal ....


My Goal ?

                                                         Bettering my personal best run of ..
                                                          1510 miles in 24 Hours 50 minutes
on a Motorcycle 
                                                        

                                          

                                      My Goal ? ...    Denver in 24 hours...






To be continued !




                         





No comments:

Post a Comment